Saturday, April 3, 2010

Visiting Churches on Holy Thursday

In some cultures, it is traditionally to visit various churches after the Holy Thursday Mass for Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament.  The iPadre talks about the tradition here.  I remember hearing about some of my friends doing this a few years ago, but I had totally forgotten.  Instead of trying to make it back to the Cathedral for Tenebrae, I decided to try and do this instead (and I coerced Mark to go along too!)  Finding 7 churches that were open and close enough was rather challenging.  Not all churches were open and some closed at 9 pm, 9:30 pm, 10 pm, 11 pm and Midnight.

Here are the altars we managed to visit.  If there is a link, it means I've visited and it takes you to the post.


I stopped in St. Michael but they were closing :(






St. Wenceslaus 




St. Pius V


St. John the Baptist


St. Raphael 

I do have some pictures of altars stripped that I'll post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment