Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Caution

At first, I thought finding a new parish would be as simple as just going to a Mass and seeing if I was comfortable or not. After 3 Masses in different places and on reflecting, I realize that it is not incredibly fair to judge a parish based on a 1 hour time frame. Especially given that Masses may differ drastically through the day. For example, the Masses at Holy Redeemer, one of which was a Charismatic Mass and one was a Sunday Mass in Ordinary Time. Same place, two different experiences. Father maybe having a bad day and the same could go for the choir.

I realize that what happens during the Sunday Mass may not be a true reflection of the parish life, but it does give some indications.

So don't condemn any parish because of this blog. Just because they didn't work for me, doesn't mean they won't be a great fit for you. (My dream parish---tie dye and a dog Mass :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment