Friday, June 4, 2010

Special Report: Ste. Marie du Lac, Ironton MO

On Thursday, June 3, 2010, I went hiking with Jake and Mark.  While taking a short cut (I'm not convinced it was...) we ran across a church, Ste. Marie du Lac, which is St. Mary of the Lake.  So we stopped to look around.  Amazingly enough, the door was open!!!  


Guard Geese and Ducks
Make a Joyful Noise unto the Lord...
These are the guard geese and ducks.  They made such a racket I was sure we were going to be noticed...


Our Lady in the Lake
Our Lady in the Lake
With more of the guard geese


Window to Church
Main doorway.
This is the awesomest entry!


God's Covenant Window Detail
To Remember the Story of Noah and the Ark.
Detail on the Doorway


View from the Back Pew
View From the Back Pew!


The 8th Station:  Jesus Meets the Holy Women
The Eighth Station: Jesus Meets the Holy Women
There was also what looked to be the Franciscan Crown on the walls.


Holy Spirit Window
Holy Spirit
I think the door might lead to a bapistry...


Shrine
Shrine Area
Notice the Pieta in the Window


Our Lady of Guadalupe Window Detail
Our Lady of Guadalupe


Our Lady of Perpetual Help Window Detail
Our Lady of Perpetual Help


St. Joseph window
I think this is St. Joseph.
Another window shows him carrying this staff, which could be lilies, his symbol.


I am the Immaculate Conception Window
I am the Immaculate Conception
It says so in the halo!


Jesus is Presented Window
Presentation of Jesus in the Temple
I wasn't going to take a picture of this window, but
I really liked the multi-colored garb the priestguy is wearing.


Agony in the Garden Window
Agony in the Garden
I'm not sure....


Assumption of Mary Window
Assumption of Mary
Maybe it is the Queenship of Mary?


Pentecost Windoe
Pentecost


Mary visits Elizabeth Window
Mary Visits Elizabeth
I just like stars....


Links:
Pictures from Rome of the West

3 comments:

  1. It WAS a short cut. But your pictures are better than mine, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh huh. If you insist.
    How is that possible, my pictures are better?

    ReplyDelete