Sunday, December 8, 2013

Welcome to the South -- Ice-Aggedon

On Friday, it sleeted.  All day.  Like to the tune of 2-3 inches.  I know when I looked at my car, it was a good 2 inches thick.  It took me 45 minutes to get it to driving condition.

When I went to the grocery store on Thursday night, there was no bread, no eggs, and ground meat.  They were calling for the power to be out for 4-7 days...

To make a long story short, this is not St. Louis.  There isn't a parish within walking distance or even within 5 miles.  My apartment complex has not put out anything.  The roads are full of ice patches.

I'm staying home.  Where it's safe.  No Mass today.  I really really wanted to go to...I'm stuck in a 606 sq ft apartment...

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the South in winter! This is the way it is in central Virginia also. Schools will be closed on Monday in your area I bet! Next time you hear that there will be any kind of icy or snowy precipitation, be sure to get to the store and get the milk, bread and other groceries you may need. You see what happened this time. There was nothing left to buy... You'll get used to it! Oh, and be very careful of the Southern drivers who have no clue how to drive in the snow or ice.

    ReplyDelete