Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Relic of St. Mary Magdalen - St. Dominic Priory

On March 22, 2013, I was able to attend evening prayer at the new St. Dominic Priory.  This is the house of study for the Dominican Order and is what used to be in a Catholic Girls' High School.

Evening prayer was chanted, which I thought was really cool.  There was a talk by a sister about how Jesus is our friend, but I've misplaced my notes so I can't tell you anymore than it was snark worthy.

St. Dominic and Mary

 



View From the Back Pew!

Relic of St. Mary Magdalen

Up Close

Nine Ways of Prayer:  (I'm not sure about 5, 6, and 7)

Bowing Deeply

Laying on Ground

Discipline

Gazing Upon the Crucifix

Prayer Posture

6th Way of Prayer

7th Way of Prayer

Reading

Travel

Links:
Priory of St. Dominic


No comments:

Post a Comment