Sunday, March 25, 2012

St. Joseph - Highland

Good Afternoon.
In continuing my theme of St. Joseph, I headed to St. Joseph in Highland.  Because the church is 1.5 hours away and Mass was 8 am.  I had to get up at the crack of dark and leave.  On the drive there was lots of nice fog.  Too bad I waited until the last second to leave or I could take pictures of fog.

I get to the Church, which, surprise, surprise, is not where the coordinates indicate where it is.  And there's a sign saying Mass starts at 8:30 am.  Ok.

At 8:25 am, another person pulls into the parking lot.  It turns out, that once a month, they don't have Sunday Mass.  And that Sunday without Mass is today.  I'm not sure why the parish doesn't do a Sunday Service in the Absence of a Priest instead of everyone fending for themselves.  I'm not sure why there wasn't a sign on the door either.  Alas.  I guess I'll come back at the end for Mass.  At least gas was 30 cents cheaper in Perry County.

Pictures:



Never fear, I have a GPS and a 3G iPad.  I found another Mass nearby ;)

Link:
Information from the St. Louis Archdiocese
Pictures from Rome of the West

No comments:

Post a Comment